What is Dental Implant
A dental implant is like an artificial tooth root to hold a crown or bridge. Dental implants are a good restorative for those who have lost a tooth or teeth due to periodontal disease, an injury, or some other reason.
Dental implants are actually more tooth-saving than traditional bridgework since implants do not take support from adjacent teeth for support.
Dental implants are so natural-looking and feeling, so you can have a better smile and chew food comfortably
The various types of implants include screws, cylinders or blades surgically placed into the jawbone. Each implant holds one or more prosthetic teeth. This type of implant is generally used as an alternative for patients with bridges or removable dentures.
Advantages of Implants
over Dentures or a Crown
• Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth! No one will ever know that you have a replacement tooth.
• neighbouring teeth are not altered to support the implant.
The ideal candidate for a dental implant is in good general and oral health. Adequate bone in your jaw is needed to support the implant, and the best candidates have healthy gum tissues that are free of periodontal disease.
This procedure is a team effort between you and yo doctor. Depending on your specific condition and the type of implant chosen, your doctor will create a treatment plan
• If you are missing a single tooth, one implant and a crown can replace it.
• If you are missing several teeth, implant-supported bridges can replace them.
• If you are missing all of your teeth, an implant-supported full bridge or full denture can replace them.