HOW TO GET RELIEF FROM ULCERS???
Mouth ulcers are a
commonly encountered condition in the mouth. Ulcers are usually painful
and cause discomfort ,but they do not require any medications , provided they
are of systemic origin or a precancerous
condition or lesion.
Causes for mouth ulcers:
- Lack of essential vitamins
- Allergic response to oral
- hormonal changes
- Bacterial ,viral and fungal
- Minor oral injuries from dental
prostheses, braces, accidental bite etc.
- Sharp tooth
- Emotional stress
- gastric conditions
TO DO’S for mouth ulcers:
- Diagnosing the cause of oral ulcers by consulting a dental surgeon helps you understand and identify the cause properly.
- A healthy body helps you keep ulcers away. Intake of a balanced diet including fruits rich in vitamin A, E, B12, as they protect your body from many diseases.
- Quit smoking and chewing tobacco.
- Consult a dentist at fixed intervals to keep a check of any abnormalities.
REMEDIES FOR MOUTH ULCERS:
- Rinsing with saltwater
- Placing an antacid syrup on the mouth ulcers
- Using over the counter Benzocaine(topical anesthetic)
- Applying ice on canker sores
- Using a mouth rinse that contains a steroid to reduce pain and swelling, provided it is prescribed.
- Intake of nutritional supplements like folic acid, vitamin B6, vitamin B12.These supplements help fasten the healing process.