NOSE COSMETIC SURGERY (RHINOPLASTY) PROCEDURES IN INDIA
Nose is the most prominent part of the human face and adds to the appeal of the face. Since each person is different, each nose is unique. In India Rhinoplasty or nose cosmetic surgery is a surgical procedure in order to improve the function (reconstructive surgery) or the appearance (cosmetic surgery) of a human nose. Rhinoplasty is also commonly called “nose reshaping” or “nose job”.
Rhinoplasty can be done using two approaches: Closed approach and Open approach. Open approach involves an incision on the columella as well as inside the nostril as compared to closed approach which has it only inside the nostril. In India However, open nose cosmetic surgery technique is most preferred due to the access it provides during surgery. Also, the scar is not seen and hence it can be safely done without compromising the esthetic outcome of the surgery.
- Parrot beak nose: It is due to excess bone on the dorsum of the nose. It can be corrected by reduction of the excess bone.
- Saddle nose: Saddle nose deformity is due to deficiency of the nasal bones and gives a flattened appearance to the nose. It can be corrected by augmenting the area by using cartilage from nasal septum, rib or bone from hip or calvarium or even artificial materials (Medpor).
- Broad nose: The nasal ala is flared due to abnormality of the alar cartilages. It can be corrected by surgical correction of the alar cartilages.
- Nasal Tip correction (Drooping tip): Nasal tip might require correction if it is bulbous, drooping or upturned.
- Nasal asymmetry: It usually is seen in cleft patients but can also be present in normal individuals and requires surgical correction.
- Difficulty in breathing: This is primarily due to malpositioned septum of the nose and requires a septorhinoplasty for correct.