Chronic bad breath
Chronic bad breath is something which cannot be eliminated by proper brushing and mouthwashes, it is termed HALITOSIS….!!! What are the causes of that stinking breath…….??
- Cavities and food lodgment in between teeth causes odor.
- Gum disorders like bleeding gums(gingivitis), swollen gums(periodontitis),discharge from gums(periodontal abscess)
- DRY MOUTH..saliva has a cleansing mechanism in the oral cavity, reduced salivation causes bad breath.
- Tobacco chewing and pouching.
SYSTEMIC HEALTH RELATED:
- Gastric reflux, gastric ulcers.
- Diabetes: diabetes increases the sugar level in your saliva thereby increasing the bacterial growth and causing gum disorders. Diabetic medication leads to dry mouth.
- Other systemic drugs also influence oral infections leading to bad odor.
PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE….!!!
A little care can prevent us from the embarrassment of bad breath.
- Chewing sugar-free gums improves salivation.
- Cleaning your mouth after every meal.
- Avoid using toothpicks and pins to remove the food stuck between teeth as it will deepen your cavities.
- Using fluoride toothpaste prevents cavities
- Early dental treatments can prevent progression
- Consult your dentist once in six months.
How do we take an appointment?
Coming over for a personal consultation with our dermatologist or the hair surgeon is the best option.
We are located physically near the southernmost tip of India, a town named Nagercoil near Kanyakumari. However, we have other options for patients from far and wide, who can’t travel for a direct physical consult. The pictures can be sent to our What’s App number +919443182860 Or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and appointment asked or advice sought.
Visit our official websites:
We are also on most of the social media platforms :