Chronic bad breath
Chronic bad breath is something which cannot be eliminated by proper brushing and mouth washes, it is termed HALITOSIS….!!!What are the causes of that stinking breath…….??
- Cavities and food lodgment in between teeth causes odor.
- Gum disorders like bleeding gums(gingivitis), swollen gums(periodontitis),discharge from gums(periodontal abscess)
- DRY MOUTH..saliva has a cleansing mechanism in oral cavity, reduced salivation causes bad breath.
- Tobacco chewing and pouching.
SYSTEMIC HEALTH RELATED:
- Gastric reflux, gastric ulcers.
- Diabetes: diabetes increases the sugar level in your saliva thereby increasing the bacterial growth and causing gum disorders. Diabetic medication leads to dry mouth.
- Other systemic drugs also influence oral infections leading to bad odor.
PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE….!!!
A little care can prevent us from the embarrassment of bad breath.
- Chewing sugar free gums improves salivation.
- Cleaning your mouth after every meal.
- Avoid using tooth picks and pins to remove the food stuck between teeth as it will deepen your cavities.
- Using fluoride toothpastes prevents cavities
- Early dental treatments can prevent progression
- Consult your dentist once in six months.