Mouth ulcers are a commonly encountered condition in the mouth. Ulcers are usually painful and cause discomfort, but they do not require any medications, provided they are of the systemic origin or a precancerous condition or lesion.
Causes for mouth ulcers:
- Lack of essential vitamins.
- Allergic response to oral bacteria.
- hormonal changes.
- Bacterial, viral and fungal infections.
- Minor oral injuries from dental prostheses, braces, accidental bite, etc.
- Sharp tooth.
- Emotional stress.
- Gastric conditions.
TO DO’S for mouth ulcers:
- Diagnosing the cause of oral ulcers by consulting a dental surgeon helps you understand and identify the cause properly.
- A healthy body helps you keep ulcers away. Intake of a balanced diet including fruits rich in vitamin A, E, B12, as they protect your body from many diseases.
- Quit smoking and chewing tobacco.
- Consult a dentist at fixed intervals to keep a check of any abnormalities.
- Rinsing with saltwater.
- Placing an antacid syrup on it.
- Using over the counter Benzocaine(topical anesthetic).
- Applying ice on canker sores.
- Using a mouth rinse that contains a steroid to reduce pain and swelling, provided it is prescribed.
- Intake of nutritional supplements like folic acid, vitamin B6, vitamin B12. These supplements help fasten the healing process.
Visit our official websites: