Introduction to tooth coloured composite restoration:
Tooth coloured composite restoration is an effective technique that helps in cosmetic improvements of smile. This is done by changing the color of the teeth or reshaping disfigured teeth. A ‘composite filling ‘ is a tooth-coloured plastic and glass mixture which restores the decayed-tooth. Here at Richardsons, we cover all your necessities for tooth-colored restoration. Dr. Sunil Richardson and his team are the best ones to approach in the country.
the composite placement procedure:
Following preparation, the dentist places the composite in layers, typically using a light specialized to harden each layer. Once done, the dentist shapes the composite to fit the tooth. Finally, he polishes the composite to prevent staining and early wear.
Advantages of tooth coloured composite restoration:
- “Aesthetics” is the main advantage of composites. This is because the dentist can blend shades to create a color nearly identical to that of the actual tooth.
- Composites bond to the tooth to support the remaining tooth structure, which in turn helps to prevent breakage. In addition, this also insulates the tooth from excessive temperature changes.
Disadvantages of composites:
- After receiving a composite, a patient may experience postoperative sensitivity.
- Composites can change slightly if the patient drinks tea, coffee or other staining foods.
- Composites tend to wear out sooner than silver fillings.