Age, stress, gravity, and other related factors often make the eyes look droopy and tired. When baggy eyes and impaired vision affect your self-esteem and confidence, it’s time to take action. Upper eyelid surgery in India is a prevalent technique that tightens and raises eyelids and helps regain lost confidence. Here’s what you must know about the procedure:
What are the Functions of the Eyelids?
Your eyelids play an essential role in the functioning of the eyes.
- They protect the eyes from dust, foreign bodies, and strain.
- The eyelids ensure tears are spread evenly around the eyes during sleep to keep them hydrated. These tears keep dryness away, and the eyelids help by blocking out light, dust, and debris.
- A muscle in your upper eyelid is responsible for holding the eyelid in place, and its upward and downward movement assists in opening and closing the eye. Another muscle under the eyebrow helps raise the upper eyelid and maintain the upper eyelid position.
What Causes the Eyelids to Droop?
Drooping eyelids are a common problem and lead to improper vision, appearance concerns, or other health issues.
- Sometimes, the muscles or tendons supporting the eyelids become weak due to age or damage by trauma.
- Aging skin loses its volume and tends to get lax.
- A genetic condition in children.
- A facial injury due to a high-impact accident can lead to sagging eyelids.
- Diseases like Horner Syndrome or Myasthenia Gravis cause fatigue, lack of muscle control, and disruption of a nerve pathway.
- Health Issues like diabetes, stroke, tumour, etc. can also lead to eyelid impairment.
What are the Drawbacks of Droopy Eyelids?
- The effects of droopy eyelids depend primarily on the severity of your condition.
- The most common drawback is impaired or reduced vision, depending on how much the eyelid obstructs the pupil.
- Partial vision makes it difficult to drive, watch TV and view objects that are not in your line of view.
How to Correct Droopy Eyelids?
If sagging eyelids hamper your vision or affect your aesthetic appearance, our doctors offer consultation about necessary medical treatments. You will be directed initially to an ophthalmologist to test your vision issues. If the shape or position needs to be corrected, you will be treated by our hospital’s best upper eyelid surgeon in India.
Upper eyelid surgery cost in India is affordable and is considered desirable for cosmetic purposes or to fix visual impairments. At the Richardsons Hospital, we offer affordable upper eyelid surgery in India. Visit us to choose an experienced and skilled upper eyelid surgeon in India. Dr. Sunil Richardson has performed numerous eyelid lifts successfully and is considered one of the topmost surgeons in India.
When you get the procedure done at Richardsons dental and craniofacial hospital through an experienced surgeon, you will find that your upper eyelid surgery recovery time will be brief and manageable. Upper eyelid surgery in India has relatively easy recovery and gives impressive results.